Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dirty Crunchy Hippies - YMSB


I'm two days late on this, but I hope I can still get credit, it's been a crazy last few days.

I went to see Yonder Mountain String Band at the Higher Ground in South Burlington on October 28th with a few friends from my hometown. I had never heard of them before. We saw them in the big room.

The music was incredible, the musicians were so talented, their fingers never stopped plucking away, the lyrics were perfect, honestly they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen, the energy was so high and of course, the Hippies were SMELLY.

But two words can sum up this show for me: Can you say HIPPIE CENTRAL????

image from republicanrebel.com

I couldn't believe that my eyes were watering from the stench of them and that I had to always have a glass of water on me because I couldn't stand the taste in my mouth of sweaty armpit dreds! (i'm serious!) I went to the bathroom at one point and in the quiet I had my thoughts to myself. With intense worry, I realized I might never get the stench of crunch off of me. I mean, the show was sold out, everyone was out on the floor dancing, and people were literally lubricating my skin and clothes with their sweat.



The show was so freaking incredible though that it didn't matter to me. My eyes never left the stage.

1 comment:

Phineas Gage said...

"Yonder" rocks, D.

Can't believe I missed 'em at Higher Ground.

I'll give you a GOOD here, since this is late (to be fair to others who posted on time.)

Fine blogging,

Dr. W