Sunday, October 17, 2010

MIDTERM REFLECTIONS - yakking about MEDIA

1. I've learned about the Triune Brain - so like what the neocortex, limbic, and reptilian brains do. I've learned tons about convergent media and a little about copyright. I've learned about the many persuasive techniques and from the book I've basically learned about how media has changed over the years.



image from http://www.co-bw.com/BSC_B1_C1_files/brainTriune.gif

2. It's kind of cool to think that I can post a blog and someone actually reads it. I learned that if I post a blog with a lot of effort put into it then people will want to read what I have to say and that I can sometimes come up with good insights.

3. If I was to take this class again one thing I would do differently is complete one of the chapter review blogs that I didn't do when I went home for the weekend. Because I didn't do it, I missed some valuable information from those sections.

4. I'm not trying to suck up but I wouldn't change a thing. This is my favorite class. Maybe you could bring us yak burgers or something!



image from http://www.soyala-restaurant.com/images/7.jpg

5.
  • I think that the powertools are really useful because without them I don't know how I would be able to look at media in class with a critical eye. I especially like the Triune Brain and Persuasive Techniques sheets.
  • The blog is so useful because if I forget to write down my homework I can always check online. Also in the mornings before class I can check what we're learning about that day and get in the mindset.
  • I also find our personal blogs useful because no only is it fun for me, but it's also a good skill to have in my toolbox.
  • The in class quizzes help me to stay on top of my work and motivate me to study the powertools.
  • And lastly-the book- I can tell you right now I am never selling Media & Culture. It's such and interesting and dynamic textbook.

No comments: