Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pandemonium at Milltown!

Hi, my name is Domenica D'Ottavio and I am from Ludlow, VT, although I have lived in NY, TN, and FL.

During my summer vacation, one fun media experience I had was going to a two-day car show in Palmer, Mass. called "Milltown" with my boss, his family, and the car club, "the Kar*Nivores". The car show was enormous, there were at least fifty junk vendors and about twenty five bands (all rockabilly!!!). It was a rat rod show, and it was such a friendly and wild atmosphere. All of the women were dressed like pin-up models and all the men had their hair slicked back with weird facial hair. There was a tattoo parlor, a barber, a skateboard shop, and a truck that drove around the whole show selling Pabst Blue Ribbon (who sponsored the event). I can't wait to go again next year.

Something I like about 21 century media culture is how I have instant access to information. Every simple curiosity that runs through my mind is satisfied with just a few clicks. I can consume media whenever and wherever I want by going to YouTube or iTunes, and I can upload my own for others to view--in no time at all. Something I don't like about 21 century media culture is that it becomes an obstacle in real world socializing. Everyone knows it'sharder to talk to people to their face, especially if it's important, and having technology around all the time, for me, makes it easier for me to cop out and just send a text.

I don't have a vision for my future as of yet. I want to work hard and play harder, and do something I have a real interest in that never gets tuckered out. As of recent, I was thinking I would like to do PR stunts, manage a restaurant, be a high school teacher, do something in advertising, do some landscaping work, and work in an auto body shop. I have a lot of interests.

Here's a video recap of what Milltown is all about!!!

No comments: